Important information and who we are
We are Biscuit Tin Planning Limited (“Biscuit Tin”, “We”, “Our”, “Us”). We are incorporated in Scotland with company number SC543343. Our registered office is at Suite 2, Ground Floor, Orchard Brae House, 30 Queensferry Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2HS.
We will use the following terms in this policy to cover the different categories of individuals who interact with our Site and use our services or products:
Business User – means an individual employee, consultant or agent of an entity we sell products or services to;
User – means an individual employee, consultant or agent of an entity we sell products or services to;
Nominee – means an individual who is linked to a Biscuit Tin by a User;
Supplier Contact – means an individual employee, consultant or agent of any third party supplier that we engage with for goods and/or services;
Visitor – means any person accessing or browsing our Site.
If you choose to upload additional categories of personal data and/or personal data of 3rd parties to our Site in connection with the provision of Services we will be the processor of such information on your behalf. Further details are provided in our Terms and Conditions of Service.
The data we collect about you when you access our Site or subscribe for a Service
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, national insurance number, title, date of birth and gender and if you choose to provide it NHS registration number.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you.
- Usage Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions: You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, email or otherwise. This includes the personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for services;
- Register with us and create an account;
- Register as a Nominee;
- Subscribe for Services;
- Request marketing to be sent to you; or
- Give us feedback or contact us.
Automated technologies or interactions.
Third parties. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties or public sources as set out below:-
- Technical data from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services;
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators;
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as the Electoral Register.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
We may share your personal data with internal third parties and with our external service providers, advisers, insurers and regulators, HMRC and other authorities in connection with the purposes set out below. We may also share personal data with any third party investors or acquirers of our business. In all cases, we will put in place measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data.