Who we are and how to contact us
Biscuit Tin is operated by Biscuit Tin Planning Limited (“We“). We are a limited company registered in Scotland with company number SC543343 and have our registered office at 5th Floor, 125 Prices Street, Edinburgh EH2 4AD. Our VAT number is 31737106.
To contact us, please email [email protected].
By registering with us you accept these terms
By agreeing to be a Nominee, registering with us at www.biscuittin.co.uk (“Site”) and using the Biscuit Tin platform (“Platform”), you confirm that you accept these Nominee Terms and Conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not agree to be a Nominee, use our services or access our Platform. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
We may make changes to the terms and conditions
We amend these terms from time to time. These terms were most recently updated in November 2020. We will email you to let you know about any significant changes but every time you visit our Site please check these terms to make sure you understand the terms and procedures that apply to you.
Your obligations as a Nominee
- In order to act as a Nominee you need to register with us. It is your responsibility to keep your contact information up to date and to store any user names or passwords securely.
- We will need you to upload certain information so that we can verify your identity. Once we have verified your identity, you will be linked with the appropriate Biscuit Tin.
- If the individual who has nominated you has subscribed for our premium service, you will have access to certain Biscuit Tin content immediately. If they subscribed for the free service, you will only be provided with access on verification of death.
- On the death of the individual who appointed you as their Nominee, you will need to notify us of the death. You can do this via the Platform using our notification of death procedure. We will need to see a copy of the death certificate. We will then verify the death which can take up to 48 hours.
- Following verification you will be provided with access to all the Biscuit Tin content.
- You will then have 60 days (free service) or 180 days (premium service) following notification of death to download a copy of the data stored in the Biscuit Tin.
- At the end of the 60 or 180 days, access to the Biscuit Tin will cease.
You may use our Site, Platform and any Biscuit Tin only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site, Platform or any Biscuit Tin:
In a way that is contrary to any instructions left to you about how the data stored in the Biscuit Tin may be used.
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to intentionally destroy, delete, corrupt, interfere with, damage, disrupt or make inaccessible any content, data or documents stored in a Biscuit Tin to which you are granted access.
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site, Platform or any Biscuit Tin;
- any equipment or network on which our Site, Platform or a Biscuit Tin is stored
- any software used in the provision of our services; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These terms must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to access a Biscuit Tin or use our Platform.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Issue legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Take further legal action against you.
- Disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these conditions. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
How we will use your personal data
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by Scots law. You and we both agree that the courts of Scotland will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of England or Wales, you may also bring proceedings in England or Wales.